11 January 2019
Royal Commission into the Aged Care sector
The Royal Commission into Aged Care was announced by the Morrison Government in September 2018.
Hall & Prior received an opportunity to contribute to the Royal Commission through a formal invitation received in late November. The invitation requests that Hall & Prior provide a response on eight issues that have been identified by the commissioners as of importance, and range from:
• Identifying any historical instances of care that did not meet our expectations
• Documenting all complaints received and how we have improved our practice as a result
• Identifying issues that are faced by younger residents in our care, and why their care needs are such that they have come to a residential aged care facility
• Identifying barriers our care recipients have in accessing other health services once they are in our care
• Discussing how Hall & Prior has undertaken reflective practice to improve the health outcomes for care recipients
Hall & Prior is committed to continuous improvement in all facets of our business. Participation in the Royal Commission is an opportunity for further reflective practice that will improve the care and service provided to our care recipients in the future.
We also see it as an important avenue for Hall & Prior to contribute to the public policy debate regarding changes that are required at an industry level. With a workforce of more than 2,000 people, Hall & Prior has vast expertise to lean on to generate important policy recommendations for the future.
Hall & Prior’s response to the Royal Commission was submitted on Tuesday, 7 January 2019.
It provided a summary of clinical incidents and how we have made investments into systems improvements, both in the past and what is planned for the future. This detailed submission contained more than 1,000 pages of information on behalf of our 24 Aged Care Homes and two home care services.
If you have any feedback for us on anything relating to the Royal Commission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org